Updates Failing

Discussion in 'Software' started by enimrac1206, Aug 27, 2015.

1. enimrac1206

enimrac1206 Private E-2

Hello,

I have a Dell Studio 1747 running Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 and haven't been able to get most of my Windows updates to succeed in about a year and a half. I'm not on the computer much so it hasn't been a huge deal. Now I'm using it more I'm concerned that the updates keep failing.

I'm not sure what I need to do to get my updates to work.

Any help you can provide would be great.

Thanks.

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Try the Microsoft fixit for Windows updates.

3. enimrac1206

enimrac1206 Private E-2

I have tried several things already, including the MS fix it tool. I can update manually but that is taking a lot of time and not something I want to do long term.

4. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

So WU is on automatic and you get a failed message when they try to install at shutdown? Is that what is happening? Or are you starting WU manually when it is on automatic? That usually produces a failed message.

5. enimrac1206

enimrac1206 Private E-2

WU is on auto and the updates act like they're going to work. When the system restarts it tells me that the updates failed.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds