links malfunctions

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skysarge, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

I get a lot of mail from fellow clubs members with links to Facebook, You Tube, twitter, etc, usually pertaining to items of interest to their/our particular club (Cute dogs, "heroic" dogs and people, Armed Services support, motorcycles, ad infinitum.
    However, often when I click on the link I get no response, frequently the sound (if any) stops and starts. Or I get sound but no picture or a picture but no sound, the link opens then locks, and so on. Too many times I get an error message that whatever add on is supporting the link has stopped working.
    I run Win 7. The add on's are current
    Is there some common problem behind this, or just an unwanted feature of that media?
    Thanks,
    Sarge

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Sarge

You may have some security setting or its in-built into your email service or app, so do you use online email or do you use the likes of Outlook etc?

If you get an add-on message that a link or webpage has failed its likely the media, currently it seems flash based advertising on webpages cause a lot of hanging loads in some browsers. Try copying the link and pasting into a browser and see if that works.

3. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

"do you use online email or do you use the likes of Outlook etc?"

Outlook

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds