Pc shuts Down

Discussion in 'Software' started by RossB, Dec 26, 2004.

1. RossB

RossB Private E-2

Hi , When i try do download of the internet my pc automaticially shuts down, and when i try to scan for virus's and you ad-aware near the end of the scan it shuts down aswell, anyone no why and remember I CARN'T DOWNLOAD.

Please Help

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2010
  2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Please dont post your email publicly unless you LOVE spam. :)

Can you boot into safe mode with networking and virus scan? Sounds virus related, so you need to do this. I hope you do have a virus scanner and it is up to date.

Our links page has a list of online tests so you can virus scan online:
    http://majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=6

Might want to do our spyware tutorial as well, from safe mode as well for most of it:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

3. fastacker

fastacker Private E-2

If you have access to another computer you could download cleaning tools to it and then put on disk or CD to run on your infected machine.
    Sasser worm will shut the computer down, so that would be something I would scan for. I think there is a Sasser removal tool that can be downloaded.

Then I would run adaware and spybot and a couple of virus scanners like AVG and Computer Associates. Spyware blaster is good to keep things from getting on your machine to begin with.

Disabling the system restore feature while cleaning the machine will help keep the stuff you removed from restoring itself.

You've probably already read all this stuff in the tutorial, which describes it better.

4. RossB

RossB Private E-2

Hi again, my pc seem to be fine now but i did an online scan ( panda online scanner ) nearly done , my pc shut down !! it seem to be alright to download , i E-mailed Microsoft and they said it may be the sasser worm :cool:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds