Digital decoder

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chuan, Jan 9, 2005.

1. chuan

chuan Private E-2

what is it.what it does?

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

It decodes digital information.

What sort of digital decoder are we talking about here!? I can't really get any more specific unless I know what you're talking about :p

3. chuan

chuan Private E-2

Creative DDTS-100

4. chuan

chuan Private E-2

upz.

5. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

"Decoder DDTS-100 is capable of decoding up to 6.1-channel audio to deliver a superior digital surround sound movie experience."

Digital audio is often made with special 'codes' -hence encoding- that are specific instrucions on which sounds are to come out of which speakers.

a Digital Audo decoder such as the one mentioned above, analyzes this code and sends the proper signal to the specified speaker, resulting in "True" surround sound.

if there is no Digital Decoder present, all of the speakers will play the same sound, leaving you with quadrophonic or multiple-stereo sound--which is not truly surround sound.

6. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

lmao @ decodes digital info:p

maybe I'm wrong but the only point I can see to getting it is if you wanted more than one audio output device into one reciever/amp ... but you could do that for a lot less with a simple switch box ... another use would be for emulating 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound if you have a stereo only audio device ... IMO skip it, seems a waste of money to me

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds