maintenance/performance

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by snippy2nita, May 28, 2007.

1. snippy2nita

snippy2nita Private E-2

Hi I have never visited this site before but have heard alot of good about it. I would like to learn how to get my computer to perform better on my own without taking it to someone else to do the work for me. I already frequently run the disk clean up and defrag on my computer. It is making a grinding sound like it is going to crash any time. Have backed up everything just in case. I have a dell desktop.

2. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Hello, Welcome to Major Geeks :)

You should post this question in the Hardware section as you will more likely get a reply there. As this is the Welcome Centre and a lot of people dont come in here or wont answer it here.

Hope you solve the problem, Im sure some one can help you. :)

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

welcome to MG's. im sure someone here will be able to help you out..

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

:waveWelcome to MGs. For basic maintenance follow this link:
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106650&highlight=maintenance
    It sounds like you are already doing some of this.

I am guessing that you mean the HDD or the cooling fan. If your drive is ready to die, it is not too complicated a task to replace. If it is the fan, also another easy job.
    Post a new thread in the Hardware forum and add more details about your problem.

5. snippy2nita

snippy2nita Private E-2

Thanks for the response and help. Next time I will know to go to a different forum with my questions on the hardware and maintenance. Your suggestions were appreciated.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds