geForce 7600GTe drivers question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chompas, Nov 27, 2007.

1. chompas

chompas Private E-2

I'm about to buy a new pc not a high end one but it's all i can afford. And I'm going to buy a GeForce 7600gt, I read that there are tweaked drivers.
    What drivers should I download? If the tweaked ones, where I can get them? If the official nVidia ones, which version? The lastest?
    I don't want to overclock my GPU at the moment.

Thanks

PS: Sorry for my english.

Edit: I never wanted to put that "e" after GT in the thread title but I can't change it.

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Okay the best source for drivers normally is from the the source of the GPU Chip (nVidia) and or GeForce.....google them. But my personal favorite is;

http://forums.guru3d.com/

You will get tweaked drivers from there (goto home) but READ the forums before installing any drivers and find out what the geeks/nerds have to say about particular driver versions!!!!

Always ensure you follow the appropriate procedure....i.e. uninstall previous drivers (ideally using Uninstall Pro 2006 or something equivalent).....reboot in Safe Mode (cancel all MS stuff about new hardware)......use Driver Cleaner Pro (to properly scrub your registry of previous drivers and thus CONFLICTS).....reboot your system and then install the latest driver and then reboot again to allow it to take effect.

Always ensure that you have the previous driver handy! You Install "Tweaked" Drivers at your own risk always ensure you have a restore point before this. Things can go crazy and do....I know.

3. chompas

chompas Private E-2

Thanks! I'm reading that forum. They talk about some DNA drivers someone had used it?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds