Please help me with my camcorder.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MEL40, Aug 21, 2008.

1. MEL40

MEL40 Private E-2

I have a Samsung VP DC171W Camcorder and use TDK 8cm mini discs.

It keeps keeps displaying "disc error" when I try to finalise. I have used the disc before and it was ok.

I desperately need help with this as the disc is from New Year's Eve. It has my brother-in-law on it who has terminal lung and brain cancer with only 6 months to live. This disc shows him well. Please help.

2. ralph3124

ralph3124 Private First Class

Sorry, not a camcorder user, but are these discs read/write or WORM (write once,read many)?
    You may have finalized the disc, giving you the disc error?
    Can you 'play' the disc with the error?
    Can you use another disc?
    Is the camcorder battery run? Maybe the battery is worn out enough to not write the finalization?

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

If it is the mini disc that fit into the inner circle of your DVD player, just pop it in a PC. They read most 'unclosed' disks, if not use ISO buster or unstoppable copier to rip the files and reauthor the disk.
    What types of files are they btw?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds