Internet Explorer stored passwords

Discussion in 'Software' started by skd44, Apr 18, 2007.

1. skd44

skd44 Private First Class

I have a question about certain pages automatically storing my username and passwords for certain sites. I log onto many of my personal accounts on my work computer, including banking, credit cards, and utility bill statements. I also log onto sites to do my taxes and other personal business. My work computer stores these username and passwords but I would like to delete them or prevent them from being stored. How can I erase or prevent these usernames and passwords from continuing to be stored? Thank you.

2. sheesh721

sheesh721 Private First Class

Auto-complete is typically the name of what you're looking for. Go to tools > internet options or edit > preferences and turn it off. If you're using the new Internet Explorer or Firefox you can go to Tools > Clear Private Data (or similar) and have it clear the what it has already stored.

PS - You can usually find your Auto-Complete options under the Content Tab of your browser's option/preferences menu. You can usually clear previous saved data from there as well (or it will tell you how).

3. skd44

skd44 Private First Class

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! Just did it and it worked!

4. sheesh721

sheesh721 Private First Class

Your welcome:)

5. Dragonarse

Dragonarse Private E-2

I have the opposite problem, cannot get Win8 to save the log ins, or passwords to commonly used web sites. How do I do that? Or did I do the most stupid thing ever by installing Win8?

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds