search enhancement pack problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by robbocheese, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robbocheese

robbocheese Private E-2

Hi , i have the same problem as "DAKOTASBABE" ,posted recently.
    Every time i boot up a box appears "microsoft search enhancement pack" file.
    I have sent most of the folders to the recycle bin , but it wont allow me to move or delete "sea port" and "search helper".
    I have also "run" the code that you gave "DAKOTASBABE" and that didnt help either.
    Please help Regards Rob.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Robbo

Which Windows version you using, include service pack?
    Are you logged onto Admin account? need to to remove many things properly.
    Do you have Spybot S&D installed? if so disable as it blocks many registry edits.

Did you do all the things in this link http://blog.tiensivu.com/aaron/arch...at-is-Choice-Guard-and-why-does-it-exist.html ?

Also what I would do is to save any emails you may wish to keep if you're using WLMail and uninstall all of Windows Live applications and then run this Revo Uninstaller to see if any reminents are left, then

3. robbocheese

robbocheese Private E-2

Hi , it is windows XP ,service pack 3.
    I am the administrator on the p/c.
    I dont think i have spybot.
    I havent followed that link yet , i shall do that now. and also Rev installer.
    Thanks Rob

4. SCFeedback

SCFeedback Private E-2

Hello I would like to be of assistance in this matter. For those of you having this problem, if you could please answer this questions as accurately as possible I will follow up on this issue.

1. Please list the steps in as much detail as possible which led you to this state?
    2. What operating system where you using? Which Service Pack do you have installed?
    3. What version of IE browser you have installed? Any other browsers installed on your machine and there versions?
    4. Were you an Administrator on this machine when you saw this issue?
    5. Did you have any Toolbars installed while you saw this issue or in the past? For instance Windows Live Toolbar or MSN Toolbar or Others?
    6. What antivirus or Anti Spyware software are you currently using?
    7. Do you have a firewall on your machine?
    8. In case of IE 7 or later do you have IE Protected mode turned on?
    9. In case you ran into this issue on Vista or Win 7 did you have User Account Control (UAC) Turned On or Off?
    10. Did you use any registry tool for cleanup recently? Did this issue start manifesting itself only after that registry cleanup?
    11. Did you do a System Restore and started to see this issue after that?
    12. Were you using fast user switching while installing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds