Extreeeeeemeeeeely slow internet on Laptop.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thesim, Jul 19, 2007.

1. thesim

thesim Private E-2

:cry

Only a few days ago I recieved my brand new DELL laptop and it's been a charmer ever since and I like it alot, anyway more to the point.

I am set up on the internet wirelessly through a DELL Wireless WLAN Card that's in the laptop and the other computer we have is also connected wirelessly to a router downstairs.

Problem is, the computer internet works very fast and hasn't stopped loading but for some reason on the laptop that I'm on now, the internet is slow at times; I'm still getting very good signal and speed it's just sometimes when you click on something I doesn't load so you have to click it again for it to load and even that takes quite a long time.

I hope someone can help...confused

Regards,
    James

2. thesim

thesim Private E-2

Someone please help me it's doing my head in!! I'm trying to download something but it keeps on randomly stopping and doesn't send or recieve anything on the Wireless Network Connection window.

3. DellCA

DellCA Private E-2

Its been a week, so I don't know if you have gotten the problem fixed yet or not. Just in case you haven't ...

There area few questions and troubleshooting steps you can use to try and figure out where the problem is:

Is the desktop using a network cable to connect to the router, or is it also wireless?

Does the notebook work properly if you have it connected to the router using a network cable?

How far away do you have to be from the router for the problem to start?

If you have the Dell (instead of Intel) wireless card, you can use the Dell Wireless Card Utility to run a diagnostic on the card itself, and to check what signals the card is currently seeing. What signal strength does it show for your wireless network? How many other networks does it see, and are any of them on the same channel as your wireless network?

Do you have any other 2.4GHz devices between the notebook and the router (cordless phone, baby monitor, etc)?

Have you tried to connect wirelessly to any other wireless network? If so, did that work any better?

With the answers to the questions I have asked here I'll have a better idea of what is causing the problem with your connection. If you have any questions on any of this I will be happy to answer them.

Larry
    Dell Customer Advocate

4. thesim

thesim Private E-2

I doesn't matter now I've fixed it but thanks for your help.

5. DellCA

DellCA Private E-2

I'm glad to hear you got it working, even if I did get here too late to help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds