Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wrenchman, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Wrenchman

Wrenchman Private First Class

Intel Corporation
    PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0
    Windows 7 x 64

HP G42

Windows can not verify the digital signature of the necessary drivers for this
    device. Perhaps a recent hardware or software you have installed a file with
    an incorrect signature or damaged, or perhaps the file is a malicious software
    of unknown origin. (Code 52)

I have recently messed with these cmd commands:
    To disable device driver signing, type BCDEDIT /set nointegritychecks ON
    To enable device driver signing, type BCDEDIT /set nointegritychecks OFF

bcdedit.exe -deletevalue loadoptions
    bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING off

although I turned it back again (nointegritychecks OFF)

there are two video adapters having the same name, both having the same
    problem with digital signature.

also this Intel(R) High Definition Audio HDMI driver has the very same problem

What would be the correct procedure to resolve this problem

Thanks,

:)

Wrenchman

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

What Devices in Device Manger have a yellow exclamation mark next to them. Were you trying update the chipset driver for some reason? What are the names of the two video drivers in Device Manager? There should be 3 digits and two letters after G42. What are those? It may be on the bottom of the computer.

3. Wrenchman

Q:
    What Devices in Device Manger have a yellow exclamation mark next to them?
    What are the names of the two video drivers in Device Manager?

A:
    I'm not sure, since I don't quite understand the computer terms.

I would think it to be:

and
    Intel(R) High Definition Audio HDMI

those are the three which have a yellow exclamation mark next to them.

I have added a picture for better understanding, although it is in Portuguese.

Q:
    Were you trying update the chipset driver for some reason?

A:
    No not at all, I had been playing around with the following CMD commands:
    bcdedit.exe -deletevalue loadoptions
    bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING on/off
    Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks OFF/ON
    to disable the Digital Signature, (don't ask) :hammer

turned out to be a bad idea, all of a sudden the screen solution gets very low
    800x600, I first tried to turn it up again but it would only go to 1024x768.

that is why I went to look in the Device Manger.

I have added a picture for better understanding, although it is in Portuguese.

Q:
    There should be 3 digits and two letters after G42. What are those?

A:
    HP G42-245BR (Brazil)
    Intel Pentium Dual Core T4500 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Disk Drive WLan and BT.

.......................................................................................

In addition to that, a MS Win message have started to pop up(see pic.)
    I scheduled a start-up scan of the hard drive (c)(d)(e).

I have added a picture for better understanding.

seems that a lot of clusters have been messed up, which worries me.

The CPU is extremely slow, and I have backed up the files that I wanted.

I have a HP recovery cd, but I'm worried about the original recovery drive(d)

Thanks,

Wrenchman

4. Wrenchman

Don't know what happened to the attachments, here they are:

Attached Files:

5. tgell

I am not sure why you have two Identical Video Devices showing. Right click one of the Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family video adapters and select uninstall.

Intel HDMI. Unless you plan on attaching a HDMI cable to a TV, I would not worry about that. We can try finding that driver if you wish.

I couldn't tell you why the computer is extremely slow. You could always do a factory reset by doing the following since you have the recovery partition available and you backed up your files. Press F11 during startup and it will start the factory reset. Any program installed since purchase would be lost of course.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&dlc=en&product=5043386#RestoreWithoutWindows

For your reference, here are the drivers for your computer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...3&lc=en&cc=br&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5043386

6. Wrenchman

Well, thank you it worked, but I had to delete both of them though!

After that the hard disk crashed, and I had to do the F11, thanks again.

I think I have some physical hard disk problems

A message pops up every time I turn on the computer, just before it loads windows, something called a SMART hard disk check error 301

The SMART hard disk check has detected an imminent failure.

Thanks,

Wrenchman

7. tgell

Thanks for the feedback. I would not do anything else on that hard drive except image the disk to a external drive. You want to keep that restore partition, especially if you do not have any install disks.

8. Wrenchman

This might not have anything to do with drivers or the like, but, could you confirm the fact that, I ALL I need is the recovery DVD's??? And that I can buy a new and clean drive, and install windows 7 directly from the recovery DVD's???

Thanks,

Wrenchman

9. tgell

If you have the recovery DVD's built from that hard drive, then you are good to go. Just make sure your DVD boots up.

10. Wrenchman

I just bought a Samsung ST500LMO12 500GB, will I be able to install Linux and win 7 on
    the same drive??

A guy told me that it depends on the drivers that the system (hp42-245br) uses, ie
    some notebooks could not work with linux, or I might not have sound or wifi working, is
    there any truth in that??

Do I need to do any Low Level Format on the new HHD or the like, in this case I would
    need instructions.

Thanks,

Wrenchman

11. tgell

It's possible that linux would not recognize some of your hardware. You may have luck with different distros of linux. I would recommend you download and burn a Live CD or DVD version of the linux distro you are considering and see if it sees all of your hardware. Ubuntu and Linux Mint are pretty good supporting sound and wifi out of the box. It has nothing to do with the drivers that the notebook uses but it does matter what hardware the laptop uses and if linux has the appropriate drivers for the hardware. Nvidia graphics can be problematic when installing Ubuntu. There are nvidia proprietary drivers that can be installed from within linux to improve graphics. You would find better answers regarding this in the linux forum of MajorGeeks or in the forum of the distro you are going to install.

You do not need to Low Level Format the drive as it is new.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds