Hi

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by spenda, Nov 5, 2007.

1. spenda

spenda Private E-2

Hello, I am getting an invalid message when trying to post.

2. spenda

spenda Private E-2

Seems to work here, but when I've tried to post this as a new thread it wont work

Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums, was directed here because of the great Malware removal page. I'm an online poker player and instructor which takes up most of my time. Recently I've been having some troubles with my computer.

I'll try and be as thorough as possible, feel free to move this to the correct section if need be.

About 2 days ago my computer started to have a bit of a glitch to it. There are a few ways I can describe the error. First, the clock on my computer is running behind, I can reset it, and in 15-20 minutes, it's 1-2 minutes behind. Second, when I watch a movie it has a glitch/hiccup every 2-3 seconds, making it very annoying.

I've run all of the malware/spyware applications
    I've defragged my harddrive
    I've been on support with dell for 45 minutes. They told me to get a new battery (my current on will not hold a charge, been that way for a year though) and flash my BIOS (no idea what that meant before)
    I've run HijackThis and had the results analyzed, nothing there
    I've been told it might be my CMOS battery (from a non-expert source)
    Nothing is spiking in my task manager

I have a Dell notebook Inspiron E1505 with dual-core driver and 1Gig RAM.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what is causing this? Is it as simple as getting a new battery? What's troubling is my battery hasn't worked in a year and this is the first I've had this problem.

I really need to get this problem fixed as a lot of what I do consists of having a steady connection for viewing/creating videos and the glitch is rather annoying.

Thank you for the help, great site.

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

4. spenda

spenda Private E-2

Hi Tim,

that's the post that brought me to these forums, I've already run through it a few days ago.

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to the forums.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds