wireless adapter Laptop problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by green_newbie, Feb 27, 2004.

1. green_newbie

green_newbie Private First Class

ok so i am useing an inspiron 3700 laptop, with
    windows xp pro
    mobile intel pentium iiiE
    256 mb dram
    bios is Phoenix (03/05/03)
    Modem is actiontec 56k modem

and was useing a D-link airxpert wireless cardbus adapter DWL-AG650

and thought i would try and connect the laptop to my timewarner RR cable connection, so i pluged a USB cord into the modem, to the laptop

and tryed to install it as new hardware, it detected what kind of modem it was but wouldn't install it,
    but now when i put the Dlink air xpert wireless adapter thingy in, the whole system crashes, i get a blue screen error message and it says

A Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequeate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, Press F8 to select advanced statup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information

***STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xf744153f, 0xf7f558618,0x000000000)

*** ar5211.sys - address f744153f base at f7421000, DateStamp 3e7e8276

Beginning dump of physical memory
    physical memory dump complete.
    contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

I have the thing in safe mode. and try useing system restore, this doesn't work, so
    maybe i wrote over the wireless adapters drivers or something like that?

I would really like it to work so any help would be very .... ... very .. .. helpfull

2. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

I think it is a memory conflict. Ask someone smarter for better information.

3. Arrrrrgh

Arrrrrgh Private E-2

Driver trouble

You need to check your Add/remove program list for anything that has to do with either of the network cards. remove any of them from there... Restart your PC and then put card that was giving you any trouble. Once done it should ask you for driver disk. run through setup for the Dlink card. and install any other drivers you needed. Once done if you have XP hold (windows button)+R or run... from startup and type in sfc /scannow to verify that any of the drivers origional updated drivers were not overwritten. From there if in doubt uninstall and restart... restart and if that dont work restart again. Or just call tech support and sit on phone while they read a screen that tells them what to do.

-Dave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds