Empire:Total War help?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Migz, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Migz

Migz Guest

hey, first of all id like to thank you guys for helping me sort my computer out, you've been VERY helpfull. thankfully ive had no problems up untill now....

i just baught Empire : Total War for PC. ive installed / made a steam acc etc. but when i open the game the screen just goes white / blank. then i get the microsoft error report thingy.

i got:
    1024MB DDR2 RAM
    Intel Celeron 1.46GHz <-- if that helps? :confused

if you need any more info to help me out, please let me know ^_^ thanks! :major

2. Eezak

Eezak Staff Sergeant

If you bought a boxed version from a store check the box for the minimum system requirements. If you paid for a download of the game then I suggest you do a web search on "empire total war system requirements" to find out where your computer may be lacking. Or maybe your unpacked game download has a readme file with the minimum system specs listed in it. I couldn't seem to find an "official" minimum list of hardware requirements on Sega's E:TW website but a web search yielded this info:

Operating System: Windows XP 32(service pack 2), Windows Vista 32 OS.
    Processor: 2.4 GHz Single Core Intel or AMD equivalent processor.
    System Memory: 1GB RAM (XP) 2GB RAM (Vista).
    Graphics Card: 256MB DirectX 9.0c compatible video card (shader 2.0 or higher).
    Sound Card: Directx9.0c compatible sound card.
    Windows compatible mouse & keyboard.
    15 GB free uncompressed hard drive space.

Your CPU is considerably slower than the minimum suggested. What about your graphics and sound card -- are they both Directx 9.0c capable?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  3. Migz

Migz Guest

yea, also yea i baught a boxed copy. people with more then the minimum spec's r having the same problem, its never stopped me playing other TWs iether.:(

4. ckgrick

ckgrick Private E-2

i got:
    1024MB DDR2 RAM
    Intel Celeron 1.46GHz <-- if that helps?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  5. andresaleman07

andresaleman07 Private E-2

hey i am facing a similar problem and i dont know why ??? i have all the requirements and the game freezes right before the campaign starts !

6. iZver

iZver Private E-2

@andresaleman07
    Did u try updating the game?
    Update your graphics drivers.

And another thing. Can you spec your PC? And what OS do u have?

Do you have to reboot your PC after the crash? Does it crash to the desktop? More details would be apppreciated.

@Migz
    E:TW is considerably more intense than others TW games.
    For example, I can run Medieval2 with high no problems asked. But I have to set E:TW to low on sea levels....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds