portal browsers

Discussion in 'Software' started by red death68, Jan 25, 2011.

1. red death68

red death68 Command Sergeant Major

ok so i found this realy great opera portable web browser on this site called http://www.kejut.com/operaportable it realy works well but its kinda making me want a firefox version but the only solution i can find is the portable apps one which is very slow due to read and write issues and tends to tire out your usb drive so im basicly looking for a copy of firefoxbrowser that works like this one where it copys everythign to a temp directory lets you browse. then when you close it it erases all data it wrote to hard drive and saves any preferences in a profile document(run the program and youll fully understand what i mean)

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, red death68.

Don't know if Firefox Portable will fit your specs, but it's worth a look. More features and other portable apps can be found at the author's site.

EDIT: sorry - see you may have already tried FF Portable. Still, check out the other apps listed at the author's site: I see Chrome and SeaMonkey portables.

3. red death68

thanks but like i said before im looking for one the work like the portable i provided since it saves ware and tear on my usb drive which houses alot of files and projects on it

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. red death68

im trying to not use the portable apps i basicly want one that copys everything into a temp directory then after use saves personal data in a single file and then deletes what it left on the hard drive if you run the opera portable i linked ull see what i mean

6. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Since Firefox is open source, you might browse the Mozilla forums and see if anyone has come up with a FF version that does what you require.

If not, you could even introduce the idea - might be something someone will implement in a future build.

7. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

So, why not use the portable Opera? I've used the regular version of Opera (using it as I type this) and it's a fine browser. You've even said it's a really great portable browser and it really works well.

8. red death68

i do use the opera but i would also like to use firefox as opera somtimes has connectivity issues and sites not loading right

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds