BSOD during file download

Discussion in 'Software' started by mdonah, Apr 29, 2013.

1. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

During the download of DrWeb Live CD from Freeware Files, 3 lines in the Internet Download Manager (I have a registered version) interface (Downloaded, Transfer Rate and Time Left) began to flash sporadically.

The next thing I knew, I had a BSOD with BAD_POOL_CALLER and the
    Stop: 0x000000c2 (0x00000007, 0x00000CD4, 0x00000000, 0x00650054) error

I powered down the computer, left it off for about a minute and restarted.

It booted into Windows normally and when I relaunched Firefox it resumed the last session and I was back at the page to download the DrWeb Live CD. I've successfully downloaded that .iso and Comodo Internet Security Installer (I'm running Comodo Firewall and Comodo Antivirus already).

Any ideas what would have caused the flashing in IDM or the BSOD?

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Probably a bad driver somewhere.

If you zip and attach the minidump (C:\Windows\Minidump\xxxxxxx.dmp) we can check it for you.

3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Unfortunately, I am unable to do that. I uninstalled a couple of programs using Revo Uninstaller and when I restarted the computer to finish deleting the "leftovers", I lost internet connectivity. So I wiped the partition, reformatted it and restored an earlier image made with Macrium Reflect.

I looked in the Windows folder for one labeled "Minidump" and found no such folder. I'm running XP Pro SP3. Is the storage location different?

4. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

You are looking for a file, not a folder, in C:\Windows\Minidump. It will be dated at the time of the crash.

If you find it, copy it to your Desktop and then zip it (right-click it and select "Send to > Compressed folder").

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds