Remote access

Discussion in 'Software' started by lock and load, Apr 21, 2010.

1. lock and load

lock and load Private E-2

Could any one recommend a good remote access software? I need to be able to handle issues my wife has. She has Vista, i have Win7. Plan on updating hers at some point.

2. Virux

Virux Private E-2

Teamviewer is what I use to help my girlfriend out. She just sits back while I do all the dirty work...I love it!

It's also really simple, open the program, you ask for her password, and voila. Its also free.

3. lock and load

lol that sounds about right.

I tried it last night with a friend, is there a time limit to how long you can you the program for in a session.

4. Virux

Virux Private E-2

Not that I know of, I haven't ever been kicked off due to time. So my guess would be no time limit.

5. lock and load

While my friend and i where using it. We got a message that said Session time expired.

6. Black Dahlia

Black Dahlia Private E-2

Why not just run Remote Desktop Connection (part of Windows) and type in her IP address?

Of course your wife will have to provide this for you each time unless she has a static IP, and if she's behind a firewall (and/or connected through most modern routers) you will have to configure port forwarding.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds