Laptop No power When VGA/ LVDS Cable is connected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wilddean, Aug 15, 2014.

1. wilddean

wilddean Private E-2

Hey Guys, Billy Here just looking for a bit of assistance.

Ok so cant be assed trying to prove myself with a background of my feats and foes.

but got an Acer laptop apart atm which has had power issues,

The guy who owns it told me it was DC socket related however that was on his assumption as there was no charging lights.

at closer inspection and testing of voltages i can confirm this is not the case.

Thinking to myself probably a dead mobo. i thought lets strip it see if i can see and capacitors leaking ect. whilst taking it apart i generally test power everynow and again to make sure its not a short.

@So heres the deal. Power comes through with indicator and charging light as soon as the LED cable is unplugged. any ideas on this, Could it be a fluffed regulator to the screen any advice would be appreciated

2. wilddean

wilddean Private E-2

Anybody? Please?

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Laptops are throwaways nowadays. If the power cord is good, then toss it as any parts you replace on a used laptop worth a couple hundred bucks tops is throwing good money after bad. Since a good laptop can be had for $500 or less. As for video, plug it into a desktop monitor. Not the answer you want, but honestly laptop repair is usually a lost cause.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds