work with the harddrive outside microsoft windows

Discussion in 'Software' started by 212121, May 2, 2005.

1. 212121

212121 Private E-2

hello!

its simple!
    old compaq notebook 100, without floppy drive! with only one harddrive and can only have one partition that uses the whole space. there i can only install microsoft windows millennium edition. got it? he he

my question is, how can i work with the files in the hard drive without booting windows, for examle if i want to remove the c:\windows folder and put another \windows folder that was for example in c:\backup\windows in c:\ and take the place of the old one.
    i think you got the question

i think i could use knopix linux to do that, but there should be something smaller than that.

thanks

2. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

If you want a GUI then Knoppix is your best choice. Might be slow loading depending on the system hardware. But it should do the trick for you.

3. 212121

212121 Private E-2

the should be something not that big and heavy, i dont think i need a gui.. i mean i only want to remove a directory and copy another.

thanks!

4. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Check out FreeDOS. Just might fit your needs.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds