I maybe getting a Dodge Charger

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by N5638J, Jul 1, 2008.

1. N5638J

N5638J Guest

I hope i am able to get it. it all depends on if the guy goes through with the trade. Its a 1972 Dodge Charger SE with the 318.:cool I always liked that body style and its almost just like the one on Burn Notice but it don't have the hood scoop and the 440:( But the 318 should be better on fuel once its done. I plan on restoring it doing alittle here alittle there.

[​IMG]

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Um how many vehicles do you own now...yep I'm a female and just thinking of the mechanics bills. Nice car though if you fix it up a bit. p.s. WB :)

3. N5638J

N5638J Guest

There's 3 in the yard #1 1986 2.3L Isuzu P'UP Spacecab LS #2 1991 4.0L 4X4 Ford Explorer XLT #3 2001 5.9L AWD Dodge Durango 5.9 R/T

mechanics bill is nothing because i do all the work only thing that costs is the parts and i get %20 off from the parts store because i am friends with everyone there ;)

shh i was never gone ;)

4. Cat_w_9_lives

I have to pay for work, so a little more conservitive...I can look at stuff and tell what is wrong by the way it runs but have no clue when it comes to fixing it, so I tell the shop. Thanks to TimW I know that Toyota was ripping me off and have a nice honest shop now.

*grins* *smiles* ok ;)

5. N5638J

N5638J Guest

How would y'all like to find this car?

http://www.yearone.com/yodnn/news/ForgottenGTX/tabid/478/default.aspx
    Oh this is for the Ford guys 8000HP Boss TF Engine
    That thing looks like a beast.
    http://www.yearone.com/yodnn/news/FordBossTFEngine/tabid/429/default.aspx
    And i have to agree on this.

6. N5638J

N5638J Guest

Well its a go. All i got to do is load up and go get it. So what should i use? A simi-new Dodge to tow a Old Dodge or my old Isuzu P'UP or use my friends simi-new F-150 lol.

7. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

How'd he figure that out Cat? I'd have no clue. :(

Congrats NJ!

8. N5638J

N5638J Guest

Well its been put on hold for afew weeks. The guy is taking a trip out of town and won't be back for a week or two.

Maybe once work is done on it maybe it will look as good as this one.

[​IMG]

9. Cat_w_9_lives

Was looking in auto file to see if the timing belt had been replaced (someone told me to look for anything over $600), so sorted and noticed that the same thing was replaced like three times, asked in SB what it was. TimW told me it should not have been done, yet that often. So went and got a credit, plus changed mechanics. Company I work for owns a fleet, now take it to their shop. Amazing, repairs are nil now, oil changes misc...but not a biggy. They even drive me back and forth to work if I have to leave the car.

Many here like cars and know what should be replaced, when and how much it should cost...you could just post if unsure about a repair.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds