AIM and yahoo work fine but neither browser loads pages...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xzfloydzx, Jul 11, 2008.

1. xzfloydzx

xzfloydzx Private E-2

Hi, recently I had a friend of mine ask me for help with her laptop. I am pretty good with computers. The problem is when the browser Firefox or I.E (both up to date versions) try to load a page they get halfway and do nothing, except for google.com. They also can ping i've tried that and have tried everything from A-Z, I've used AVG a countless amount of times, the first time I used it found tons of Trojans. healed them and they went to the "vault" scanned again, nothing...day later scanned again nothing...AIM and yahoo messenger work great no problem, and Limewire for that matter. I just actually ran a log from Hijackthis, i will post if i need to. Ooh and i am running wirelessly, connection to my wireless router is excellent. Thanks to anyone that can help!!!!

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Hi xzfloydzx and welcome to MajorGeeks,
    If you found a bunch of malware on your friend's computer you should go to the Malware Removal Forum and do the procedures in the Read and Run Me First sticky. The nasties out there today can be very hard to remove using several programs much less just one.
    Once you've done the procedures, post the requested logs and one of the malware experts will get with you. Please be patient, as they are very busy but they are the best. After completing those steps, see if the connection problem persists.
    Good Luck.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds