"Internet Explorer has stopped working..." error in Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Oct 1, 2009.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Vista Home Premium SP1 - IE 7.0 - IE continually errors out after a max of 3 minutes. If I simply open Google and sit there, it's OK, but as soon as I try to surf, I have a max of 3 minutes before I get the error. Firefox works fine. I went to the Event Viewer > Applications Log and sure enough, there's an IE error. I attached the screen shot below. Under the System Log section, there's an error that occurred about 4 minutes or so before the IE error and it mentions the Kerebros thingy. I don't know if these 2 errors are related but I figured I'd mention 'em both..... any help will be appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

You can try upgrading to IE8 and see if that fixes your problem.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I installed IE8 just to see if that would 'fix' the problem, and it didn't... same issue: after a max of 3 minutes, IE errors out. I'll take a look at the add-ons and disable 'em today and see what happens. Thanks!

7. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:-D Disabling most of the add-ons worked! I disabled everything except for Java and Flash Player ('cuz they are the most commonly used, esp. Flash Player) and IE is now fine. Thanks for the suggestion, I probably would not have thought about the add-ons until I had pulled out several large handfuls of hair. LOL Thanks again!

[dlb]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds