For the record! It's bust...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sikvik, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Saw this coming today and waited. Screenies show a 2 yr old record was bust.
    MA/CP send me a (new warm) Hoodie for free or stock up J!nks. :-D

Cheers..

Attached Files:

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Ha! Good catch, sikvik.:)

That's awesome.

3. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

I wonder how many of them actually posted something.:confused

4. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

No posts. Avast's detection of a Rootkit (false positive clearly mentioned by mjnc) which has gone viral on the net. Check out the soft ware forums.
    Cheers..

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Ah I was wondering what triggered the amount onlines new record.

6. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

What is the record spammers banned in one day?!? :-D

(Thank you to the mods who save us from all the spammers!)

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Well its likely in the 100s today and so far I have deleted 50 or so that have been in both the moderation queue (spammers that will trigger our filter) and the manual long winded way of pre-emptive looking through the new user list for spammers whos accounts link to known spammers or ones that we know maybe 99/9% spammers and we deleted them pre-emptively as they in the main have homepage and sig spam links and dont post on the forum.

While I've deleted 50 its very likely that Tim, Charlie, TimW and Laura, et al have deleted same or most likely more in the past 24hrs, spam is a pest and one that we will have trouble removing 100% but as you folks keep helping us notice this we will keep removing it and adding too our spam fighting options.

So again many thanks for keeping reporting the spam as it really does help us help you keep this forums free as possible from spam, I think we are the best for this so please keep on being vigilant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds