Error On Page

Discussion in 'Software' started by blonde, Sep 27, 2005.

1. blonde

blonde Private E-2

Can Someone Help Me...Please...Everytime I Visit A Web..Page On Internet Explorer..I Always Get..A..Error On Page..Or...Done,But With Errors On Page..I Can't Click On Links...Or View...Pages Thank You For Your Time And Trouble :mad:

2. butterfly123

butterfly123 Private E-2

Not sure how this post got here, but it is and no one's bothered to move it........I can't help you but will watch to see if you get an answer.............I have that problem, too...........in IE......java errors. Have started using Firefox and don't have problems with java erros.........go figure?????

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

I'd say one reason why no-one has answered the original post is because of lack of detail.

We need to know what the operating system is, what the error message is etc etc.

Just saying you have an error with Interent Explorer doesn't really tell us a lot.

4. katielynna

katielynna Private E-2

I have the same problem. Images usually won't load, and I think it might have something to do with the latest Javascript update. Sometimes the errors come and go, but are usually present. I've looked for help on the Microsoft site for two days now and found nothing.

I am running a brand new Windows XP with IE 6.0. These errors have been popping up for about 3 days now.

5. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Hi!
    Dunno if this link would be of help to you, but the other day I had an error message in IE regarding an animated cartoon.
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74421

6. Insomniac

Whether it helps or not, Java and JavaScript are two different things.

7. katielynna

katielynna Private E-2

Really? They're different? Well, I recently got the Java update because it came up on my status bar and I though, "What the heck... it's shouldn't be a problem."

8. Insomniac

No it's not a problem, and you need both.

Java is a programming language, created by Netscape for their browser Navigator, many moons ago.

Micro$$oft refined it, and then created JavaScript.

They are similar, but still very different programs.

9. katielynna

katielynna Private E-2

Ah, I see. Which one do you think would be causing the problem?

10. Insomniac

I really don't know, Internet Explorer is a POS, but there really isn't much you can do about JavaScript.

With Java, make sure you keep Sun Java up to date.

11. katielynna

katielynna Private E-2

POS? (Haha, sorry, I'm only 16 here :p )

12. Insomniac

POS is an acronym for Point Of Sale, Period Of Service, Palm Operating System, and even Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society.

What did you think it meant?

13. katielynna

katielynna Private E-2

I had no idea ^^

14. katielynna

katielynna Private E-2

Good news! I solved my problem :) Turns out my anti-virus program was blocking "advertisements" and "pop-ups". I guess it just assumed all images were ads :p At least I have other programs that will still block the pop-ups for me. Thanks for your help you guys!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds