im looking for a "stay connected" type program

Discussion in 'Software' started by Minus, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Minus

Minus Private E-2

i have stay connected! v4.01 but it doesnt work with the new version of netzero hispeed i have. can anyone reccomend a similar type program that works????

2. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

Hmmm ...

The site says this:

"No matter which Internet Service Provider you are currently using, Stay Connected! is Guaranteed to work for you.

Even if your Internet Service Provider wises up to one form of disconnection feature, Stay Connected! has multiple back up features to keep your Internet connection until you [are] ready to disconnect from the Internet. "

They specifically cite NetZero. Is it possible that there's a problem with your settings, and not the software?

Have you tried their tech help?

3. Brian C

Brian C Private Peanut Gallery

Hey minus.........Just for shitz and giggles, did you upgrade your version of NetZero, with the no-disconnect already in place?
    If so......You can try uninstalling the no-disconnect program, and installing it again. It may be linked to work with parts of your previous version, that are no longer used. I've experienced similar stuff, like with anti-virus program's auto-update features. When you upgrade the ISP's version, it's looking for specific named files used to connect. But since some files get replaced or renamed........it won't connect. If you get my drift.;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds