Combining 2 or more bootable CD's into 1 bootable CD

Discussion in 'Software' started by rafaelo, Mar 29, 2005.

1. rafaelo

rafaelo Private E-2

Hello

Here Is my problem. I'm a repair tech and have somebootable CD's I use to help me test and fix computers. I have bootable Memory testing CD's, HD testing CD's, Ghost CD's and so on.

What I would like to do is combine all these CD into one. When it boots up it gives you the options of what to do, just like a windows boot disk asks if you want to boot from your HD or run Dos.

I think this might be possible. I see some pitfalls on the application side of thing.. but thinkthis shouldn't be a problem

I Use Nero 6 which lets you of course create Bootable CD's but I'm not sure what file to edit to get the different boot option. I have access to Roxio also.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated

2. Oldman

Oldman Private First Class

There are a few of them already out there, (UBCD, Hiren's, Bart's PE). Personally I use the UBCD full. Click here for UBCD

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

BartPE is a brilliant tool to add to your toolkit. You can install pretty much any tool you like (disk management tools, spyware scanners, data recovery tools). Only problem is it does run in the Windows environment, so you can't run tools like memtest or BIOS flash (unless the manufacturer has a Windows based flash tool).

4. rafaelo

rafaelo Private E-2

Thanks Oldman

I checked out UBCD and it had pretty much all the tools I use and some. just what the Doctor Order

Also thanks to goldfish I will check out BartPE.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds