Help My Wireless Network is Missing...

Discussion in 'Software' started by foxnoble, Sep 7, 2007.

1. foxnoble

foxnoble Private E-2

Hi I'm new to all this so I hope I make sense to you...
    I did a no, no and that was install nero 7 ultra edition with out backing up first:eek:

I started to get a warning that my wireless assistant was not reconized so I tried to look in the network connections and found that my icon was missing for wireless connections... In my network places there is an icon but it is unspecified...

I use a netgear-travel router,,, I tried using the wireless wizard to creat a new connection with the flash but it would not work...

Oh yea I took my lap top to circuit city (I have the extended waranty) because the admin. password was set by them and I was unable to use the cd to try to repair using the operating sys. disc which came with the computer... They called to tell me that they could not get it out of the set up screen!!! it was in a loop so that is how I got it back!!!:cry

When I left it with them I was able to log on the internet but when I got it back I could no longer log on... They said that they ran a program which removed the previous password and checked that the computer was runing properly... They said it would cost me to have them try to fix the wireless and that I sould do a total system restore using the CD... I was afraid that if i did that I would loose all the information that I had... so the only other option I had was do a repair using the disc because I could not get out of the blue screen which was the setup screen... Ok I'm still:cry... I don't know what to do... How do I reinstall my network so that it can reconize Netgear??? I would like to log on to the internet..

Oh yea I now have my wireless assistant back!!! But no network:confused Any help would be well appreiated...

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds