Something is screwing with my ability to play games

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RailgunSpoon, Nov 30, 2014.

1. RailgunSpoon

RailgunSpoon Private E-2

While I'm playing games, and only while I'm playing games, This happens.

Running normally, game hasn't loaded yet.
    [​IMG]

Then shortly after I begin playing, this happens.
    [​IMG]

Then it goes back to normal again after several seconds.
    [​IMG]

Then it does it again.
    [​IMG]

Back to normal.
    [​IMG]

And again.
    [​IMG]

I just sent in my PSU to get a new one because I thought that might be the problem. I did clean install of Windows, and that didn't help.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 760
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor
    16 GB RAM
    Rosewell HIVE 750W 12V Single-Rail Modular PSU

Has anyone ever seen this before?

2. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Have you tried setting up a high power profile?
    click on start, type in "Power" (without the quotes) and select the Power Options control panel
    Set everything to always on, even the USB stuff.
    You can do the same in your nVidia control panel

Post if this helps or does nothing, but it looks like your card is going back to low power mode for some reason. This may be normal or may need a profile change in your nVidia profiles.

3. JonnyBB878

JonnyBB878 Private E-2

What is the problem exactly?

It's normal for the system to go high and low depending on what the game is doing. Unless your fps is dropping where it shouldn't during a certain game, then it's fine.

4. RailgunSpoon

RailgunSpoon Private E-2

That does not help, DOA.

5. RailgunSpoon

RailgunSpoon Private E-2

On games that I should be getting 70+ FPS, I get like 10-15 because it puts my system into idle mode when it is clearly not supposed to be.

6. Rookminka2017

Rookminka2017 Private First Class

7. RailgunSpoon

RailgunSpoon Private E-2

It happens with every game, before this started happening, I could run BF4 on all ultra and get 30+ fps even during explosions

8. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Have you tried opening the case and putting a fan directly on the card? You are testing for overheating of things like the voltage control on the card so it needs direct cooling from an outside blast of air.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds