Just installed Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by yusky03, Jan 5, 2007.

1. yusky03

yusky03 Private First Class

ok i installed win xp on a 2gb hard drive i had laying around and i formated my main drive (2gb drive C:, 80gb drive D: ) i saved the windows vista iso on the 80gb hard drive installed it then when i went to remove the 2gb drive and hook my CD and CD-R drives back up to my motherboard i start Window Vista and i get this error... what does it mean

right after bios load i get this

NTCDR is missing
    press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart

2. Wavetar

Wavetar Sergeant

You loaded Vista in a dual-boot configuration with your XP drive, which means the files it needs to boot correctly are located on your 2GB XP hard drive.

3. yusky03

So is there anyway to fix this?

Can i just find these files and put them on the 80gb drive or is it not that simple?

4. yusky03

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

6. yusky03

i don't have those files they tell me to copy

here is pic
    [​IMG]

7. yusky03

could it be because the drive with vista installed is D:

in the bios setting it has an option for boot order and the fist thing is drive C:

if i changed the drive with vista to C: would that work?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds