Mobility Radeon X1400 Driver update

Discussion in 'Software' started by E1505X1400 help, Sep 22, 2007.

1. E1505X1400 help

E1505X1400 help Private E-2

Hey
    I am having the hardest time trying to update my current version of my video driver (6.14.10.6618) to the one that Steam recommended (8.282 from 08/21/2006). I have tried about 10 times using the updated drivers from Dell and ATI and have not been successful in actually changing the driver and/or finding the version that Steam recommends. I have followed instructions from Driver Cleaner, MajorGeeks support forums, Dell, and ATI, but i have been unsuccessful. Could someone please help me figure this out?
    The reason that i am trying to update the driver is because i tried playing TF2, which lasted about 10 minutes, and then crashed, resulting in me not being able to play any of my source-based games. Steam support has been useless, telling me to simply "update my video drivers" as well as every other support site.
    Again, if someone could give me detailed help, I would be extremely thankful. :)

E1505 Laptop
    Centrino Duo
    1 Gb ram
    Mobility Radeon X1400 256mb

2. E1505X1400 help

E1505X1400 help Private E-2

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds