1. Lamoracke

Lamoracke Private E-2

Is there an easy way to remove the dropper generic trojan without all the try this and that as I have already did all that and have had no luck. I would like to know what program will simply get rid of this trojan as i'm sure you know it is most definently driving me crazy.

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

3. Lamoracke

Lamoracke Private E-2

Here is my log for SAS.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2008
  4. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

You still need to follow the instruction in the link I provided in post #2 and attach the logs described as requested. Then an Authorized Malware Fighter will be able to assist you.

5. Lamoracke

Lamoracke Private E-2

Can you tell me how to access the HKEY file on my pc? I have ran all the progs requested and have manually deleted most of the finds. However I cant get to the HKEY. There are several there that I would like to delete.

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Start / run / regedit .....if you're brave and would rather not have us look at your logs and advise.

7. Lamoracke

Lamoracke Private E-2

I am just not sure, even after reading the link you sent, what logs you would like me to send. I have sent the log from SUPER and the log from HiJackthis. You have still requested other logs and i'm not sure what else to send.

8. TimW

9. Lamoracke

Lamoracke Private E-2

Ok, please forgive me for being an idiot. I have ran all 3 progs and it told me where the logs were however I am unable to find the lincs to upload them to you. I am very sry for the inconvenience.

10. TimW

11. Lamoracke

Lamoracke Private E-2

Ok, I hope I did this right.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  12. TimW

You will find the MGLogs.zip on the c drive:
    C:\MGlogs.zip ...attach that also.

13. Lamoracke

Lamoracke Private E-2

I just found and sent it.

14. Lamoracke

Lamoracke Private E-2

All 3 files have been attached to message #11. Let me know if there is anything else I need to do or that you need to have.

15. Lamoracke

Lamoracke Private E-2

My post keeps closing and I haven't recieved a reply on it. Could you get back to me as to what was discovered from my files?

16. TimW

Let's start with this:

Please disable all anti-virus and anti-spyware programs while we do the following (re-enable when you are finished):

Run C:\MGtools\analyse.exe by double clicking on it. This is really HijackThis (select Do a system scan only) and select the following lines but DO NOT CLICK FIX until you exit all browser sessions including the one you are reading in right now:
    After clicking Fix, exit HJT.

Now Copy the bold text below to notepad. Save it as fixME.reg to your desktop. Be sure the "Save as" type is set to "all files" Once you have saved it double click it and allow it to merge with the registry.
    Now download The Avenger by Swandog469, and save it to your Desktop.

* Extract avenger.exe from the Zip file and save it to your desktop
    * Run avenger.exe by double-clicking on it.
    * Do not change any check box options!!
    * Copy everything in the Quote box below, and paste it into the Input script here: part of the window:

* Now click the Execute button.
    * Click Yes to the prompt to confirm you want to execute.
    * Click Yes to the Reboot now? question that will appear when Avenger finishes running.
    * Your PC should reboot, if not, reboot it yourself.
    * A log file from Avenger will be produced at C:\avenger.txt and it will popup for you to view when you login after reboot.

Now run the C:\MGtools\GetLogs.bat file by double clicking on it. Then attach the new C:\MGlogs.zip file that will be created by running this and also attach the log from Avenger.

Be sure to tell us how things are running.

17. Lamoracke

Lamoracke Private E-2

Tim, this is what I have on the log. I didn't see the specific files you referred to.

Attached Files:

18. TimW

Good..they are gone...do the rest. :)

19. Lamoracke

Lamoracke Private E-2

Hey Tim, when I tried to edit the reg, it displayed an error and said that the script was incorrect? Couldn't be done.

20. Lamoracke

Lamoracke Private E-2

Nevermind, I didn't copy the entire file. I missed the last character.:D sorry. It has been changed

21. Lamoracke

Lamoracke Private E-2

Ok, here is the outcome from avenger and mslog.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  22. TimW

Your MGLog attachment only had the HJT log and the GetUnKey log ....need the entire scan. Please re-run the C:\MGTools\GetLogs.bat and attach the new C:\MGLogs.zip.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds