Open Office & Microsoft Office (2007)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Paxton007, May 14, 2008.

1. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

:wave If I have, and LOVE Open Office :drool, but run in to the occasional file that I can't open with it, not the new .xdoc or anything, but for instance, a friend of mine sent me a .doc that I couldn't open with OOrg, can they coexist on a machine? Can I still use OOrg for everything, and MSO for things that get emailed to me?

I am guessing I can, and this new CD is licensed for 3 machines, so I might use it on mine, if it's not going to mess up OOrg..

Thanks guys!

Both windows XP Machines.. my signature refers to a machine I have at home. lol

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Yes, you can run OOorg and MS Office on the same PC. You may run into occasional problems when the PC can't decide which program to use to open a certain document, but this is easily solved by right clicking on the document, and selecting Open With and then selecting the program you want to open it with.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds