Need Ethernet Driver for Acer X12000

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cinders, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Cinders

Cinders Private E-2

I recently bought an Acer X12000. Since I'm pretty certain that Acer didn't pre-install any of my drivers for me, I'm fairly sure the reason my Ethernet port just up and quit on me is because of an out-of-date driver. Problem is, apparently no one either knows or cares what nVidia nForce Ethernet port model it is, thus making it very difficult to DL the right driver.

Any one know of a good utility that doesn't have to connect to the internet, or know of a way to find the exact model? I've already asked Acer but they're taking days so far, and Tigerdirect.com has no additional information. Any one who can help is my hero.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version you using?

Also is that the exact model name as I only find the Aspire X1200 and drivers for that are here with the nVidia ones that should cover the ethernet ports.

But failing this, attach an Everest report and we can check the exact hardware installed, which helps, mainly if this is an Nvidia based motherbaord the Nvidia chipset used which will allow you/us to get the right driver set.

To find this info you can use the likes of Everest to find this info, at times a summary log of your PC can help, to do this

Install Everest and run
    Click Report (top menu) > Report Wizard > Next
    Choose All Pages > Next
    Choose Plain Text > Finish and wait for report to generate
    Click Save to File and leave the File Name as Report, then click the Save as Type dropdown and choose Report files (*txt) and click Save (n.b. Save to desktop is best as easy place to find it, use Browse to locate desktop)

Then attach your log to your next post as per these instructions HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

3. Cinders

Cinders Private E-2

I'm running it on Vista, and sorry, I got a little button crazy and added an extra "0" to the name of the machine.

I did find the nVidia website that has the drivers listed on it, but the list is long, and I don't have a particularly fast internet connection. It could take me days to DL each driver and try it on the machine.

Give me a bit with the Everest report. I'm posting on my laptop, and will have to use my portable HD to mak the report.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds