Mobile INTEL 945GM Express Chipset OpenGL error

Discussion in 'Software' started by 945gmrage, Aug 28, 2009.

1. 945gmrage

945gmrage Private E-2

Hello,

I get this this error when trying to run Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

Ive installed the latest Windows 7 RC drivers, updated DirectX

Here is the DxDiag:

http://www.upload.ee/files/175531/DxDiag.txt.html

What am i missing?

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

You need to install the correct Intel drivers for your netbook to get games to run correctly, which make/model is it?

3. 945gmrage

945gmrage Private E-2

Its a Lenovo IDEAPAD S10e

Here are all the specs:

http://pastebin.com/m774d4714

4. satrow

Ok, these drivers were posted very recently by Intel.

EDIT, THESE are for the 945M and very recent, I'm not sure which you need - I think I would try these

I hope they work well for you, you may also consider trying out GMABooster :). I would make a restore point before the install ;) and run the installer as Admin.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  5. 945gmrage

945gmrage Private E-2

Thanks but i have the latest Win7 drivers installed and can't install Vista ones on Win7..atleast thats what it says

I will try that GMABooster

6. 945gmrage

945gmrage Private E-2

Ok, that GMABooster is totally not on topic..its a clocking program..i need to fix my OpenGL

Thanks anyway

7. satrow

You can force the Vista drivers to work fine on 7. Either of the drivers I linked will be better than the stock MS ones for games.

But all it does is allow you to push the clock rate back to where the design specs are for it and gain a few FPS in your games, these things are way underclocked as standard.

8. satrow

Ok, looks like it won't run on this graphics adapter :(

9. satrow

Right, I've been doing some testing with an older OpenGL game from a USB2 stick on my Acer A110 with 8Gb SSD, I had the same GL error to begin with, changing the Desktop resolution and refresh rates made no difference.

Renaming a .cfg file did :), look in your game folder/subfolder for something like *config.cfg and rename it (there maybe single player and multiplayer versions of it). Try running the game again.

10. 945gmrage

945gmrage Private E-2

No help

Anyone else got ideas?

11. satrow

What *.cfg files do you have in your Wolfenstein E.T. directories?

There must be a way to reset your user/machine configurations.

Which drivers do you have, exactly? "I have the latest Win7 drivers installed" sounds like you have the base MS one's from Windows Update.

When the 7 RC first came out, I had to install the Intel Vista drivers to get decent functionality, these have since been superceded by Intel's 7 drivers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds