wireless router issues...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigtrucks, Jan 5, 2010.

1. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Ok have a Belkin N 150 Wireless router which is not working properly on my 1.Toshiba lappy Vista, but my works great on my other 2.Toshiba lappy which is also Vista. The router as well works fine with my desk Windows XP. Lappy one 1. says it's connected but is not loading. Is this a wireless prob with the lap or a software problem? How can I determine this?
    Thanks.
    BT

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

Saying Connected does not mean a valid connetion with IP.

This page was written for XP. In vista the menus look different but the principles are the same.

http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html

3. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Re: wireless router issues on one lappy only...

Thanks Cat but my issue is with a vista on my Toshiba lappy. I think the Belkin and it don't like each other as I had a D-Link and the lap worked fine. I tried to "find "the wireless device and it came back saying it couldn't find any. I'll be calling Belkin and Toshiba. Any other suggestions would be good. Thanks.

BT

4. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Called Belkin and after resets and new security key pass phrase I still don't get to internet through the wireless. but wired is fine and the other lappy gets on through wireless. The tech mentioned that the wireless card is not receiving the IP and that the IP config for the wireless may have been changed. I personally did not change any config the only thing I can think of is when I was having issues with it not starting up properly. Can someone tell me how to correct this and or give some other ideas as to how to remedy this? Thank You in advance.

BT

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds