Long pause between the Windows Logo screen and the Welcome screen! Please help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kensi, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Kensi

Kensi Private E-2

Alright, my computer has NEVER had a problem. It has NEVER had a virus, and get this.. it has NEVER had spyware (Not that I'm aware of.) And it has recently developed this problem. I turn the computer on, it flys through the post Screen, goes to windows logo with the loading bar, finishes that.. then pauses, for about 40 seconds, then it shows the welcome screen and bam, I'm on my desktop. What the hell? No one can touch this computer because it's locked in my room when I'm away and I know that no one could've changed the settings. So what could it be. And for all those to say to do a thorough spyware check.

[log removed: Old version and unrequested log posting -Kodo]

Clean as a whistle. Any suggestions? Win XP btw.

Edit: It was defragged yesterday.

2. Kensi

Kensi Private E-2

System stats are ..

1.8 gigz AMD 2500+
    1 gig DDR ram
    Radeon 9800 256 Meg
    Asus A7v8x-x

So it's not like it can't handle a simple bootup. Also, the only thing starting with windows is my antivirus program, and the software for my vid card. That's it.

3. Kensi

Kensi Private E-2

Problem solved, thanks anyways.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds