Programming using C++

Discussion in 'Software' started by training4life, Oct 17, 2005.

1. training4life

training4life Sergeant

Hey! Does anyone in here knows how this thing works? Any tutorials or whatsoever?

2. QuickSilver

QuickSilver Corporal

C++?

I haven't done any for a while now but I know how it works and could read my way around application source code, and with a bit of time polish off my syntax...

What platform are you looking at writing on. You typically have the text based Unix/DOS kind of applications or the Windows C++ programming using something like Visual C++ and the Windows APIs.

You may want to start with the UNIX/DOS style for now to get the basics down...

A google on tutorials reveals a few solid hits at the top:

http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

That looks like a good place to start if you've not got any experience with it..

Hope that helps get you started at least,

Cheers

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

If you're willing to shell out money and you are quite a visual learner, I'd recommend the C++ course at www.3dbuzz.com, especially if you're looking to do games. I've seen some of the content and it is excellent :)

4. training4life

training4life Sergeant

Thanks! Can I ask someone in here to do one for me? Just the basic! Totally basic!

5. quirk

quirk Corporal

cout << "What do you mean?\n";
    ;)

6. thagentleman

thagentleman Private E-2

cin>>basic;
    :p

7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

If you're totally new to programming, I would go for a different language. Maybe even a scripting language. Because in order to be successful learning a particular language, it really helps if you know how to program in the first place.

My route would be to learn BASIC of some sort (QBASIC is a nice easy one), with a good book or tutor, which will introduce you to the basics of programming. Then you go ahead and learn your preferred language, which will probably be more complex, but since you have a foundation you can build on, you can understand the terminology and progress.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds