Overclocking for Oblivion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Deamonstrom, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Deamonstrom

Deamonstrom Private E-2

Yeah its pretty stupid to overclock for a single game. It already looks pretty, but i want more pretty. I boosted my Amd 3000+ from 2.0 to about 2.2 using the bios utility. When i use the utility to try to get anymore out of the sucker, this happy little female voice tells me ive reached a total system failure. Im thinking my voltage might be a problem... anyone know a SIMPLE walkthrough so i dont screw anything up to badly?

A8N-E Deluxe
    9600xt
    1Gig Ram
    AMD 3000+

2. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

Have you read the overclockers guide ? Your 9600xt is whats holding you back not your CPU or ram...

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

As Ace said, your video card is your problem.

4. TollhouseFrank

TollhouseFrank Private First Class

the 9600xt is a good card, and can handle probably 95% of the games out there with ease. Oblivioun just happens to be one of those 5% of games that is a touch above your card's ability.

5. ACE 256

Buy handle you mean low/mid settings at a "playable" 30~40FPS ?

6. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

i you can afford to you should upgrade to a 7600gt, it is a good mid range card now.

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I'd say more than a touch.

8. ACE 256

Im thinking he is confusing a 9600xt with a 9800xt....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds