CA-42 'unknown device' to windows xp!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SiTRiC, Apr 13, 2006.

1. SiTRiC

SiTRiC Private E-2

hi there..
    today i bought a third party CA-42 data cable for my nokia 6020...
    the problem is that when i connect my datacable to my PC (without the phone connected) windows automatically installs it and it becomes an unknown device under 'USB controllers' in device manager.... when i try to update the driver and select have disc and give it the exact location of the driver in the disc it tells me that no infromation found about your device...
    i have 6 USB ports and i've tried all of them..
    on my try on the 2nd port it gave me the install wizard and i had successfully installed the 'CA-42' data cable and i was really happy... but then when i restarted my PC after it told me to do so... there was nothing... i reconnected the thing and again 'unknown device'
    i use winXP SP2, P4 1.6Gz....
    please help mann...
    also the third party website is http://www.ca42.com/
    and i also found some info i thaught would be helpfull to you http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=3618

PS: there is no yellow '?' against unkown device! Help!

2. kjanz

kjanz Corporal

xp finds the cable, but may not have the proper usb driver for it. hence, it dissappears. go to the nokia site, see what they have for drivers.
    nokia should have a connection manager.

connect the phone also, turn it on.

3. SiTRiC

SiTRiC Private E-2

alreadt tried that mann....
    i already have the drivers installed.....
    and it does not dissappear but it is there as 'unknown device' which according to windows is 'working properly'........

4. SiTRiC

SiTRiC Private E-2

also the USBview report of the device says

5. SiTRiC

SiTRiC Private E-2

ok problem solved.... got the cable changed!~
    HuRRaYY!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds