.dll error message

Discussion in 'Software' started by starryknight2005, May 6, 2012.

1. starryknight2005

starryknight2005 Private E-2

I guess I'm not sure which forum this would fall under so I'm going to start with this one.

I have Windows 7. When windows starts up, I get the following error message:

There was a problem starting
    C:\users\HOME1\AppData\Local\Temp\dralo.dll
    The specific module could not be found.

I have searched the internet to find websites that will allow me to download this file but none of the sites have this particular file in their database.

I did find one site that analyzed my computer and found some stability issues but wanted quite a bit of money to fix those issues. I'm trying to find a free fix first. However, this error message doesn't seem to affect the use of my computer. It's just an annoyance to have to click OK on it every time.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can find this file and reinstall it?

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Since the directory is Temp for the dll, you do not want to install it.
    Rather check to see what is running at startup that wants to use this. It might be a remnant of malware.

3. starryknight2005

starryknight2005 Private E-2

Thanks for your reply. How would I go about doing this and what would I be looking for? I did a control/alt/delete and looked at the processes but none of it made any real sense to me. Thanks for your help.

4. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

There are various tools available to configure startup items.

If you already have CCleaner installer, you can use it to disable startup items (Tools | Startup).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds