Java will not install. Access denied to Java folder

Discussion in 'Software' started by Silly Chinaman, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Silly Chinaman

Silly Chinaman Private E-2

This computer is Windows Vista Home Basic SP1 and would not install the online version of Java. So I downloaded the offline version and it said the installation completed. Java based games and such still would not work.

I went to uninstall it but it would never uninstall. I would allow the program to uninstall (I have never worked with Vista so I don't know how to work with permissions and such) and the uninstaller would just close.

I tried to manually delete the folder from Program Files put I did not have permission to delete it. I am the system administrator and again, I do not know how to configure permissions for Vista. I have never used it before.

The Java folder (Java is supposedly installed) is just less than one megabyte. That's definitely not right is it?

Any help is appreciated.

2. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds