i got some bad news

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by N5638J, Jul 7, 2010.

1. N5638J

N5638J Guest

We lost the baby.:cry we are so heart broken. I just don't know what to say. Just last week we found out that Amanda was 6weeks along and now the baby is gone.

2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Sorry to hear that, NJ, my condolences.... :cry

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Very sorry to hear that NJ. :(

4. silas

silas MajorGeek

Aw thats awful :( I am sorry for the lost that you and her have and will go through. Also sometimes things happen for a reason. Who knows next time triplets.:)

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I'm so sorry to hear that man. :(

6. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

So sorry for you, bro. :(

7. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Shit. Sorry to hear that, NJ. Nothing can put this kind of loss in perspective. I'm feeling it for you, man. I'm gutted for yous. Condolences to you both.

8. N5638J

N5638J Guest

Its like was it all a dream? It seemed to go by so fast.

9. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Sorry to hear this NJ :(

10. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

So sorry to hear that, N.J:( My wife lost a child at 7-8 weeks on two occasions, so I can definitely relate. Condolences to you and Amanda.
    ~ On a lighter note maybe you'll be like us and have a healthy baby the second time around.;)

11. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Sorry to hear that mate, check your facebook.

12. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Always sad to hear about something like this.
    My condolences go out to you and your family.

13. N5638J

N5638J Guest

Thank you everyone for your support.

14. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

So very sorry for you both, those first few weeks are the worse, it will happen again with good results.

15. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Sorry to see this post NJ...here's wishing you both every future happiness.

Cheers

LS

16. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

Tough news NJ. Sometimes things just go bad, and you seem to get your share. It'll work out next time for you.

17. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Sorry to hear that. Not long after my first wife and I married she became pregnant. It was in the third month she miscarried.

It happens, and while it does seem to happen a lot with a first pregnancy it's never easy to deal with. We went on to have two healthy boys, though, so look to the future.

Best wishes for you and your lady.

18. Gensuknives

Gensuknives Grand pooty-meister

Hang in there. I had many many patients who aborted for no apparent reason, and it is very difficult to determine. Usually it is a minor thing that time takes care of. In one respect, it is nature's way of taking care of a gestation that was not perfect or going well. I used to tell them that it is much less traumatic for you to lose a pregnancy early rather than at 37 or 38 weeks with a stillborn.
    Also, in nearly every case, the patients were able to conceive after a short time and carry a normal pregnancy to its usual happy conclusion.

Main thing: try to convince your wife that there was probably nothing she could have done to produce a different outcome. Don't let her get down in the dumps over it. Next time it should go fine.

Any time a pregnancy occurs, a miscarriage is possible for any number of reasons. Most you can't do anything to prevent. Diet, vitamins, rest, exercise, proper lifestyle changes (cigarettes, booze, drugs) all play a role. Encourage her that it WILL turn out to be a good result eventually.

Thoughts and prayers are with you, man.

19. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

I would have a sister a year older than me if she hadn't been stillborn.
    Not quite the same thing, but if my parents had given up, I wouldn't be here today.
    Neither would my 2 younger brothers and younger sister.

20. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Really feel for you NJ, myself and my good lady have been through this 7 times in 5 years, 1 of which went to 11 weeks, we had even decided on names (boy or girl). We've now given up.
    It is rough, but it's just another curve ball that life throws at you and the pain will subside in time. Best wishes to you and your partener.

21. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Ouch. I'm so sorry for you NJ.

22. silas

silas MajorGeek

I know people that had it and lost it easy. Many times its just the baby itself and mother could have an issue "inside" that can cause a lost. Like I said before I am very sorry for you lost and hope you two are doing great.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds