wireless internet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by claud09, Jul 9, 2012.

1. claud09

claud09 Private E-2

when i first started using the wireless internet it worked find was getting around 200 kb/s witch is ok for where i live. in the last month my internet started spiking an lagging to where when i run a speed test off of speedtest.net it will go from 15kb/s to 125 kb/s it will go up an down up an down. the internet grid looks like a bunch of triangles. now i havent downloaded anything in the last month.
    HERES WHAT IVE TRIED
    cleaned pc / virus scan
    checked for updates on router - wasnt any
    defraged
    I dont know anything else to do im using a desktop with a wireless adapter. thought maybe it was the adapter but i used a friends adapter an did same thing. so got me thinking about settings in router but i havent a clue on anything about it tried looking it up but just kept getting a run around was wondering if anyone has had this problem an if so how you fix it like i said it just started happing one day.

2. LordOlives

LordOlives Private First Class

I would try using a wired connection and see if you get the same result.

Do you notice this type of behavior when your browsing/downloading or is it just during the speed test?

Have you tried using different speedtest servers?

If you have a second computer around I would try it on that one to see if it is also having the same problem.

If you haven't changed anything on your computer/network within the last month it could be something your ISP has changed, have you tried calling them about the issue?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds