Decent game for low spec pc...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wayne82, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

I just want to know if anyone can reccomend any games for a lower spec computer.

I want something similar to Warcraft-Burning Legion and Warcraft-Frozen Throne, as my computer can handle these well and they were both loads of fun to play. I just dont want to be getting a game that my system cant handle.

I have 256k memory, Celeron M 1.5ghz and SiS Mirage graphics.

Thanks ;)

2. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

3. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Excellent, thanks for that, might give Civilisation a go, I had that on my Amiga1200 years back! Also Warhammer 40,000 DOW Anthology sounds good, I was looking at that Warhammer : Mark of Chaos, but doubt I meet the specs.

Ive got Sims 2 and C/C Generals but they run mega slow!
    ;)

4. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

Definitely go for Civilization. It's one of my favorite games and I never get tired of playing it.

5. NeonTool

NeonTool Private E-2

If you have problems running Generals then I wouldn't advise you to get Warhammer 40K: DOW, since it's more demanding than that one (a shame since it's a great game imo).
    Civilization is indeed a great choice and I'd also add Warlords Battlecry 3 (very similar to Warcraft 3, with a hero system as well), Age of Wonders 2: Shadow Magic (turn-based, very beautiful 2D graphics, awesome longevity), Rise of Nations (like an Age of Empires, only more refined and fun), or in case you want something more unusual you could also go with Sacrifice, though this last one can be a love/hate relationship. ;)

6. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

I'm a big fan of Red Alert, and the followups. Real time stratigy, very imitated by other companies.

Low end computer, it was written for Win95, but runs great on 98. Even a DOS version, though I don't recommend it.

7. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Thanks for the reccomendations guys, I love CC Red Alert but have way way overplayed it! We had 2 playstaions linked up for about a year at my mates house and used to play all day every day! Totaly killed it! As for Generals, it does play mostly OK, it just slows a bit when the intros are on or when theres a big kick off!
    I downloaded a demo of Warhammer yesterday and it wouldnt even let me play. I hate games that scan your system and tell you its not good enough, It should at least let it try to play! I dont meet specs for a few games I have but they still play.
    I am going to go with Civilization II or III for the time being, but I will keep all the other suggestions in mind. Might check if there are any demos online.

Thanks again :D

8. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

9. housiemousie2

housiemousie2 Corporal

My husband is loving Dungeon Lords (Collector's Edition) and his specs look about like yours. From the searches I have done for him... there IS a difference between "regular" versions and the Collector's Edition.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds