Missing MSCOMCTL.OCX fix

Discussion in 'Software' started by srelt, Nov 25, 2007.

1. srelt

srelt Private E-2

I kept getting an error #339, "Missing MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of its. . ." I knew it was not properly filed in the registry, but I could not solve the issue. It is a common problem discussed in several places on the web, including the MicroSoft download site. Nothing I did worked. I sought the advice of other Major Geeks and none of it worked either. Finally I solved the problem. I do not know why it works, but it does. If this is your problem and you have some programs that will not run without this file, like SpyWareBlaster, then do the following:

The process is to open the "run" command and uninstall two files and then reinstall them in the registry files. Do not confuse this with uninstalling them from your computer. Simple uninstall them and install them in your registry in the following manner--

Uninstall the files and reinstall them in the order given here.

At "Run" type the full path of the MSCOMCTL.OCX file. You will find it in your Windows\System32 file. The command should read like this without the quotes--
    "C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32 -u MSCOMCTL.OCX"

Note the spaces and include them. Then click "OK."

After the file is uninstalled, similarly type in "run" (same path) -u SSA3D30.OCX. Again click "OK."

Then do the same thing again only this time reinstall both files in your registry. Use the same "run" format only omit the "-u." It should read like-- C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32 SSA3D30.OCX. After clicking "OK," repeat the command again as C:\(path)regsvr32 MSCOMCTL.OCX.

You can open the "run" command by using the Windows key and the R key simultaneously.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds