Pets thread (Post pics or share stories)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LauraR, Nov 6, 2009.

1. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Blame it on augie. :-D He mentioned pics in the other thread.

Oscar for anyone who hasn't seen him (haha...as if anyone hasn't):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I love that brindle boxer Laura! :) I guess I better get cracking on setting up my scanner. I hope it works with W7X64 since this thread is all my fault, according to you!:p:-D

3. GypsyBlood

GypsyBlood Private E-2

Laura,
    He is Beautiful!!!
    I live with two cats, my husband has the two dogs at his place (I live in an apt., he's got over an acre of land). I've attached one of each cat, Grayce (gray tabby) and Daphne (white) and a couple from when the pups were visiting. Autumn is the 'blue heeler', Serenity resembes their dad, an 'aussie shepherd'. Thanks for letting me share!
    PS-Laura, you are a Very talented photographer!! I love your deviant gallery!

Attached Files:

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Part of the menagerie :

Attached Files:

5. GypsyBlood

GypsyBlood Private E-2

Who gets more exercise from 'chasing'- the dogs or the ferret? :)

6. TimW

Sadly our two ferrets have passed on. But in their prime, they ruled! Two of our dogs ( not shown as both have also passed on ) would play with them. The big dogs didn't want anything to do with them. LOL

7. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Cool Idea, Laura & Augie!
    Laura, your Boxer is gorgeous! LOL
    I have my birds outside, but I also have
    a house cat inside.. She is 13, and
    never has been outside. I figured as
    long as I had her spayed and declawed,
    she wasn't going to turn into a SAILCAT!
    :-D She is a lot of fun too. Still enjoys playing :-D
    She does get to watch the birds thru the window ;)

Time to play:
    [​IMG]

8. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Aww Tim, I love Jessie!:) Here's my sorry pics from 20 years ago, it's all I have left now and my Paint skills are non-existant. Sorry folks.:-o

Chani loved to be carried everywhere in that basket for some some reason and in that very position too.:-D Then when she'd get hungry, she'd get out and do the leg rub thing which meant I'll trip over her if I don't feed her NOW!:eek

Daisy was a good companion except she got easily bored when I was at work. You may notice some of the chair's guts exposed by her right ear. This was her 'I didn't do anything bad look'!:-D She went out for a poop one very cold February evening, -30 or so and when she didn't start barking wanting to get back in after 30 secs., I saw her laying down in the snow. Vet said it was probably a heart attack. A great protector.:)

Attached Files:

9. Calltaker

Calltaker MajorGeek

Sheesh... now I gotta go take new pics of our 5 dogs... Between a Chihuahua, Mini Poodle with 3 legs, a Golden retriever and 2 Golden Retriever/pit bull puppies (my babies) we have our hands full... puppies turn 6mos on Sunday :)

~C

10. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Here we go, pictures of my beautiful cat. Ladies, Gentlemen, and others, I present to you:

Casey the Cat, Divinely Supreme Ruler of the Backyard, Defeater of Bulldogs and Persistent Pesterer of Chihuahuas:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Hey Mimsy, Didn't you tell her the mouse is on the outside of the PC?:-D

12. LauraR

hehe...well, it couldn't possibly be MY fault.

@Gypsyblood ... thank you very much for the compliment. :) Unfortunately for everyone, Oscar seems to be my favorite subject. LOL Your animals are gorgeous. Truly. What beautiful green eyes Grayce has.

@Mims...love that pic of her putting her paw in whatever that hole is that looks like it accesses the innards of your machine. roflmao

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  13. LauraR

lmao...glad you explained that one picture, augie. I looked at it before reading and was wondering why you had duct taped your poor kitty up. :-D Cute pics

Wow...you ran a regular animal farm there, Tim. LOL

Every time I see people's cats, I want to get another. I miss my Sachi. :(

Good to see you again, Calltaker. :) Get that camera working.

14. TimW

At one time, Laura., we had two horses, five dogs, two cats, two ferrets and a chicken. LOL

We are now at the point where we are no longer replacing any of them when they pass on. :(

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  15. Mimsy

Oh, the mouse was long dead by that point... mauled, manhandled, and thoroughly killed.

It's a skeleton system where I put old parts that I think might work, but I'm not sure, and I don't care enough to worry about it, so it's nothing I'd miss if she nukes it. Most likley, she saw something shiny in there... Casey is very enthusiastic about capturing shiny objects.

16. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

Thats a beautiful cat Mims :)

17. darlene1029

Having an awful time with my pictures-----

This is BooBoo in 1965, he was a biter (not my family) and was always on quarantine so finally gave him to a public health nurse who loved him as much as we did. She brought me a box of candy after having him for a while.

[​IMG]

This was Mechiko our Akita @ 4 months
    [​IMG]

Sheba, smartest dog I've ever seen. I asked her if she wanted to go to the store with me, I pulled the seat froward so she could get in the back and noticed her mouth looked funny. I asked hypothetically aloud, "whats in your mouth" she backed out of being half way into the car and dropped a doggy treat on the ground then got in the car. I don't know how long I stood there with my mouth open. I'm sure she thought, "what's wrong with her mouth"
    [​IMG]

Lady (Sheba's dog) she turned up around Thanksgiving in the 80's, we went as long as we could not feeding her, thinking she would go away. It was like 2 days, think we buckled on Thanksgiving. Every time she did try to go Sheba would stand sideways in front of her not letting her pass, Sheba's dog
    [​IMG]
    Each one was special, love and miss them all

18. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

LauraR...your photos are simply awesome, you are a very good photographer!

Here are some pics of my Bichon Frise "Missy":

[​IMG] (shorter hair)

[​IMG] (longer hair)

I wish that I could have a cat (because cats are awesome), but my dad is allergic to them. I've suggested the idea of a hairless cat, but somehow my parents don't like that idea...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2009
  19. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

This is Ginger:

[​IMG]

20. darlene1029

These are our in house pair
    Sidney is 15
    Pawla is 5

Attached Files:

21. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Obviously likes getting stuck into puters aswell then ay mimsy ! LOL

22. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

[​IMG]

I bought a baby Emperor Scorpion last night, and I named him miller (not sure it's a him) after my dad, a Scorpio. It's my dad's middle name.

I don't have any pictures of it yet, but they all look pretty similar don't they? Mine is tiny right now, but I'll take some pictures of it eventually.

23. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

Soldier
    [​IMG]

Rufus
    [​IMG]

Lenny
    [​IMG]

They are the three bundles of furry stupid that let me live with them. I don't know how I would carry on with my life with out the constant dodging of hair balls and bug parts :-D

24. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

burning monkey, all your cats look angry. maybe they dont like cameras LOL

25. darlene1029

Cats are angry, it dogs that are happy and silly (except Oscar) ;)

26. LauraR

Awwww...that's just him looking all tough. Here's another:

[​IMG]

27. LauraR

Sweet pictures everyone...well, except Paxton. :-D Not sure you could ever call a scorpion sweet.

28. murderhigh187

murderhigh187 Private First Class

My sister had this cat that was rather big for domestic cat. It was old and mean, name was Sylvester. My neighbor had a dog that they would just let loose (this was a while back) and he was pretty harmless but he go up to everyone and smell them and want attention. He would do this to my sisters cat and usually he would just hiss and the dog would leave, but 1 time he didnt leave and Sylvester just wailed on him clawed up his face for like 5 secs straight and the dog was backing up and eventually turned and ran.

it was wicked funny because I was young at the time, a cat just beat up a dog! :-D

29. Calltaker

Calltaker MajorGeek

My puppy Merlin...

[​IMG]

And his sister Morgan..

(sorry, she doesn't stay still much...)
    [​IMG]

Our mini poodle Donnatello

[​IMG]

The missing ones are the chihuahua Armani and the Golden Retriever Francis.

:)

~C

30. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

LOL! Hey Burning_Monkey, "Lenny" looks like my cat: "Now, where am I going to put my next hairball... Must make SURE they don't miss it this time! Hmmmmmm" LOL They are all beautiful, even yours Pax;)

My cousin has taranchulas, :eek and she just loves them.. I don't care for them but she sure does... ;)

31. darlene1029

Was thinking Ode happy/silly LOL

32. Mimsy

BM, your Lenny looks like my Casey! An extremely handsome cat. :)

33. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Hey PapaDuke You really have to keep Ginger in at night 'cause all that "Tom catting" around sure is taking it's toll:-D[​IMG]Here Kitty Kitty. Nice Kitty Kitty

34. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Can you see it now TC image004.jpg

35. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hey Bigtrucks, that is hillarious! roflmao roflmao I see that one, but yoru other post is mising the pic... :confused All the other ones load and display fine..

36. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

Laura, a Scorpion might not be sweet, but your Oscar has nothing on my MuuMuu!!! LOL

Also, one of my dad's beagles had puppies a few weeks ago. I'll attach a picture of one of them as well.

Attached Files:

37. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

they take after me :-D

it's the red eye flash that does that to them, and the red light from the auto focus.

38. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

she is, for all her other oddities, a very pretty cat.

39. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

before I got the other two, I had Rufus.

I had originally wanted to get a solid white cat to go with him. Just for the whole ying/yang thing.

40. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

I got some pictures the other night of my scorpion. Last night it finally decided to eat, never saw anything like it before, but it was pretty interesting. :-D

Also, a few pictures of my parents goats.

Attached Files:

41. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Hey Pax that's a good pic of your scorpion there. nice shiny black body.
    Your parents have some really BAAAHHHD looking Kids there.roflmao(sorry couldn't resist)but they are cute.

42. jamz

jamz Private E-2

Husky - 11 years old
    [​IMG]

1.2 German Shepard and 1/2 Afghan Hound - 10 years old
    [​IMG]

Yorkie Mix - 9 years old
    [​IMG]

43. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Nice Pups Jamz. The shepard afghan mix doesn't look all that tall. I'd thought with the two breeds it would stand a little taller. Was it the runt? gorgeous dog anyway, love the shiny coat. The Husky sure looks young for his/her age. Love the color of the coat. Nice Yorkie. My brother in-law had a Yorkie that use to go hunting with us. They called him the "slab Dog". When everyone went hunting he went no further then the cement slab that had the out door stove and well pump with bench and table on it for our meals. Unless a critter came too close to the slab then he became the guard dog .:-D

44. silas

silas MajorGeek

Aw I like that white pup jamz. I don't have pictures.. and I have had tons of cats/dogs in my lifetime with my family.. My last one was cockerspaniel brown and a dirty white anika husky..

45. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

paxton, how poisonous is that scorpion?

46. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

I have now 1 dog("MR") who actually thinks he is still a puppy at age 6-7(not sure on age he was a found dog,He found my sons best friend and brought him home.Then he came here with me why my son was OTR.) Before MR was my baby/protector who I lost to cancer,Spike. My daughters dog (while she stayed with me)Blue Angel, or as they call her now Angel Girl,cause she is. I also have a 10 gal tank & 20 gal tank of Cories. Male and Female(with eggs plaster to the end of the 20 gal)there is 10 in the 10 tank and 7 in the 20 tank w/the eggs(about10+ eggs)

[​IMG] my buddy my baby my Spike
    [​IMG] Mr Arnold (that's his name)
    [​IMG] Blue Angel Rightfully named. My daughters and my Spikes girl.

47. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

I think to creatures its size and smaller, it's a widow maker, but they told me at the pet store that if it ever stung me, it wouldn't be too bad. I don't think I'd let it get at my Chihuahua though.. It paralyzes the crickets, I don't think it kills them with it. But they also told me that scorpions favor their pinchers, and rarely use the tail. (Though, while feeding it's one for one with it's tail)

48. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

ah right on. must be awesome to see it eat

49. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

It was pretty neat. I sort of thought it was merciful to the cricket. It grabbed it with both pinchers and pulled it in to start feeding, but the cricket obviously had different dinner plans and wouldn't stay still.

The scorpion slowly brought its tail up & Jabbed it one time. After that, I put the lid back on its den & let him go.

Next morning there was a scorpion & a cricket leg in the case.

They told me at the pet store that when it's full grown I'll be able to feed it pinky mice.

50. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Just a few Bernie and Bella..

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds