Windows 7 (failed updates)

Discussion in 'Software' started by royalprincess, May 13, 2011.

1. royalprincess

royalprincess Private E-2

Important windows security udates failed to install. I just installed windows 7 on my latop. Somebody please advise..... :-o

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Are you logged in as the administrator? I had a repeating error on my mothers PC this week and when I logged in with the admin account and not a user account as she has setup (security measure) they installed ok.

Try disabling your antivirus and then try again.

If you type into the Start > Start Search box .... windows update and hit enter and then click View Update History, and find one of the failed ones and double click it what is the Error details Code it gives?

Could also try using from the history page of Windows Update the KB number as in say KB2534366 and search for that KB and download the manual update and see if that installs ok.

4. royalprincess

royalprincess Private E-2

Yes I'm logged in as the admin. I'll try google. Tks

5. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

If you mean you are using an Administrator user account I don't think that is what DavidGP meant. Win 7 has a hidden built-in Administrator account too with elevated access rights, though it isn't necessary to unhide it to use it as you can right click an executable or shortcut and select Run as Administrator. UAC will ask you to confirm before proceeding. Try it on Windows Update in your Start menu.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds