Going to be less visible for 2 weeks...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Solange, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Solange

Solange Sergeant Major

2 nights ago, while enjoying a pleasant lightsaber duel with some friends -and I was winning too, which is rare! -my monitor blew up. It literally exploded. Or at least something within it started emitting sparks and strange noises, and then it died... It is from the last century and was a crap monitor, so I'm not going to repair it, so till I get a new monitor, I'm stuck on my dad's laptop, also from the last century... It works, but is so frustratingly slow, I can't bring myself to as much browsing as I normally do...

It will be like this for a few weeks though, because I'm packing my bags! Thursday next week I'm going to England, and I'll be gone for 10 wonderful days! :) I'm down to counting hours now... I can't wait! :D

Going to London first for a few days to visit auntie Bridget. Then I'll spend a day with some friends in Reading, before going up to Leeds to spend the rest of the week with some friends there. I'm so giddy, I can barely sleep! :D

I'll pop in from work during the days next week, till I take off, so I won't be a total stranger. And I might come online when I'm in Leeds too.

Take care! :)

2. scorcer

scorcer ajMro keGe

Hope you have a fun and safe trip Solange :)

Take some pics for us "armchair travelers" ;)

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Bummer on the monitor... but it gives you an excuse to get a new one ;)

Have a great time in the UK.. but I know you will :)

Does look like you are bringing the winter weather with you... weather reports for the coming weeks are SNOW!

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Enjoy your trip!

Now that you've posted about your vacation, it is required by MG unwritten law that you post pictures of your adventures :)

5. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Have a great trip.

Don't spend the whole time comparing new monitors. ;)

6. Solange

Solange Sergeant Major

My thougts too, I've been wanting a new monitor for a long time! I had hoped to wait a little longer so that I could get something really good! ;)

I DON'T WANT SNOW ! ! ! Why do you think I'm going to England? I was hoping to get away it! :( I've even threatened my friends and told them if there is snow, I aint coming! :mad:

;)

Kodo, I'll try, but my steam driven camera has been retired, so I'll have to rely on my friends taking pictures... not quite as much fun!

G.T. I won't, it would be ridiculous to drag a monitor with me home on the plane. I'll go for internet shopping as usual! ;)
    3 more nights, 4 work days, and I'm off. I'm very giddy! :D

7. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

See you when you get back, then. If it's absence of snow you be wanting, it's 38 deg.C (100 deg. F) here.;) I'm glad summer's nearly gone in this neck of the dark woods.

By then you should be "re-geeked" with your spiffy new monitor.

8. Solange

Solange Sergeant Major

I'm back again! :)

Didn't see a lot of snow, just some sleet, a few hailstorms and rain. Northern England was it's usual wet self lol. But I had a lovely time! Didn't do a lot, spent most of the time with my friends, chatting, watching movies, a little gaming, that sort of stuff! :D

Still on the old monitor, will have to wait a few weeks before I order a new one, I can't wait! The one I'm on now looses power and goes very dark when I do something outrageous like opening an msn window or a firefox window... ;)

What is happening here? Any new arguments about how crappy FF is that I have to get involved in? :D

9. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Yo you're back!

I could've told you England's weather sucks, rain rain and wind you get here!!!!
    Glad to see you're home safely though.

10. scorcer

scorcer ajMro keGe

Welcome back Solange, sounds like you had fun.

threaten your moniter with a hammer, or shop for your new one right in front of the old one, maybe it'll get the hint and shape up ;)

11. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Nope. FF is perfectly made software. Not one single bug and it's bloody impenetrable. Any questions? :p:p

12. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

You guys are so so naughty...........lol

Gal

13. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a rather relaxing visit.:)

The closest thing to a new FF bashing thread we got was this one.;) Enjoy!:D:D

14. HUDIK

HUDIK Sergeant

Welcome back:) ....vad gjorde du egentligen i England:D

15. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Welcome back Solange. Sounds like a good trip, in spite of the weather. :)

16. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Yes, welcome back to the fold.:) Summer time in northern England is pretty nice, i.m.o.

Your monitor has one and a half feet in the grave! At least it still (kinda) works.

17. Solange

Solange Sergeant Major

Thanks everyone! Feels good to be back online, and nice to have my cat back. I do miss my friends over there very much though... :)

I whispered to it that the junk yard isn't very far away... ;)

No questions, I'm already a believer! :p

Thanks for the link! :D ***shaking my head*** So much energy for such a futile war! :eek: :rolleyes:

Så lite som möjligt! :p

Yeah, it is crap. My dad found it at a company he works for, it has been retired for 3 years and was about to be thrown out... Now I know why! I just want it to function for a few more weeks! :cool:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds