source file is corrupted while installing

Discussion in 'Software' started by avatar666, Jul 10, 2012.

1. avatar666

been trying to install runes of magic seen a few posts that say to redownload the setup files manually trying to do this but redownloading is not helping me to get pasted setup file 6 can someone please help?? only game that i have had this problem with since i install league of legends, smite and maplestory no problem.

2. avatar666

now having a problem installing any game anyone please help me out :(

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using?

Is this just games or is it any application that fails at install?

I would try disabling your Anti-Virus software and trying the install again, but only do this if you have downloaded a game from the actual makers website, if you have downloaded a game from a random download site then you are likely to have a potential security/malware issue.

Also if you are using Vista/Win7 then right click the setup file and choose Run as Administrator and see if that helps.

4. avatar666

windows 7 home premium sp1 and i will try admin

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

If running as Admin isn't making it work, please give us as much details as possible about the install problems. Does it always happen at the same spot, and if so where is that spot? Have you tried installing in Safe Mode? Has the game worked before so this is new? And anything else you might think of.

6. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

It would also be useful to know what kind of error message you get (if any) when something fails to install. :)

7. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Anything apart from just "the source file is corrupted" I should say . . .

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds