Cannot play Pogo games, asks for JAVA

Discussion in 'Software' started by bonnielou432, Jul 9, 2009.

1. bonnielou432

bonnielou432 Private E-2

Can't play POGO games. Get a popup saying I need the latest version of JAVA, which I already have. Checked and verified it. But still I can't play at POGO. I went to Internet Properties under the Advanced Tab and it had 2 different JAVA'S. JAVA SUN which was checked and another Java with 3 settings to it. JIT was checked on that JAVA. Are these configuration settings wrong?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version do you have?

But just maybe an older version of JAVA is causing this as in the main JAVA doesnt install over itself, close IE before doing this so run JavaRa to remove all the old Java versions, then check in Add/Remove you have none left, if any Java is listed then uninstall, then install the latest Java from here

3. bonnielou432

bonnielou432 Private E-2

now i am getting error 25099 and another error to stop processing the jqs.exe which is not found anywhere on my pc.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You never answered Halo's question about what version of windows you are running.
    In order to get good help, you need to supply more information.

5. bonnielou432

bonnielou432 Private E-2

I have windows xp sp3 with ie7

6. bonnielou432

bonnielou432 Private E-2

I went to task manager and under process I checked for the jqs.exe and it was not listed. So now I'm not sure on what to do about getting Java (TM) ver. 6 update 16 to install. I have the JAVA SUN but it to is not updated. This of course is why I recieved the popup message in Pogo.com to install the latest version and got the error 25099 unzipped core files failed.

7. pistol

pistol Private First Class

This Technician already gave you the most logical explanation & solution,I would suggest that you should follow his instructions, It will solve your issues.

8. bonnielou432

bonnielou432 Private E-2

Followed your instuctions but still get the 25099 error. And the jqs.exe file is not on my pc.

9. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/quickstarter.xml
    since it is enabled by default in XP, look at the Java Control Panel as shown above and be sure you have it checked/ticked at enable.

Do you have something controlling what runs at startup? like WinPatrol or Startup Monitor? If so, go through that program and be sure you do not have it turned off.

I normally turn java quick start off on all my windows computers.

10. bonnielou432

bonnielou432 Private E-2

I went to java control console and yes it is checked and enabled. I have mcafee security center that runs at startup. And system guard. Do not have win patrol or startup monitor installed.

11. pistol

pistol Private First Class

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds